What is the Problem?
The problem is Cardiovascular Disease (CVD). CVD is a term used to describe all diseases of the heart and blood vessels and is the leading global cause of death, accounting for 17.3 million deaths per year, a number expected to grow to more than 23.6 million by 2030 (American Heart Association).
It is estimated that 90% of CVD is preventable. The cause of most CVD is the gradual narrowing or blockage of blood vessels. This process is called atherosclerosis and is due to the build-up of fatty deposits in the lining of blood vessels.
There are a number of risk factors associated with developing CVD, including high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, smoking, physical inactivity, being overweight, excessive alcohol consumption, diabetes. Many of these risk factors can be prevented and managed by lifestyle changes.
What is the Opportunity?
Adopting a healthy lifestyle plays an important role in the prevention and management of CVD, with nutrition/dietary habits being the most important factor.
The Mediterranean Diet and especially olive tree products – olives, olive oil & olive leaves – which are an important component of this diet, are rich sources of polyphenolic compounds with potent free radical-scavenging and anti-inflammatory properties. Polyphenols are the natural bioactive compounds which contribute mostly to the health benefits of olive tree products.
The European Food Safety Authority panel (EFSA) has confirmed the relationship between the daily intake of 5mg of olive oil polyphenols and the protection of LDL particles from oxidative stress, while the EU commission authorized a relevant health claim.
The opportunity is to get all the important health benefits of olives, olive oil & olive leaves polyphenols with respect to CVD (as confirmed by EFSA report) & potentially to many other diseases as well (like for example cancer and Alzheimer’s) as per recent articles, scientific studies & research data.
What are the Challenges?
- Need to find on local store shelf high-quality olives, olive oil & olive leaves - not an easy task in international markets, especially given the recent adulteration scandals in the olive oil industry
- No clue about the polyphenols concentration in each olive product at the time of purchase & consumption - this information is never mentioned on the label, while polyphenols concentration diminishes over time as the product "ages"
- No way to calculate the quantity of each olive product to consume daily in order to ensure intake of 5mg of polyphenols as per EFSA report - how much to eat each day?
- Too low intake - little or no health benefit
- Too much intake - same or more health benefit or not safe?
- Olive oil may be healthy, but at the same time has a lot of calories - a problem if on a low-calorie diet
- Olives may be healthy, but are also quite salty - a problem if on a low-sodium diet
- Olive leaves are hard to find, quality & purity concerns (i.e. pesticides residue) plus their infusion is very bitter to taste - may miss out on Oleuropein, one of the most beneficial polyphenols found in high concentrations in olive leaves
- May not like the taste of olives, olive oil or olive leaves infusion - miss out entirely on their health benefits
What is the Desired Outcome & Method to Achieve it?
The desired outcome is to improve Cardiovascular Health & the method is to receive the recommended daily dosage of 5mg polyphenolic compounds in a safe, easy & standardized way to enjoy all the proven - with respect to CVD - plus reported or anticipated - with respect to other diseases - health benefits of olives, olive oil & olive leaves polyphenols.
What is the Unique Mechanism of our Mediterranean Olive Fruit & Leaf Extracts Herbal Food Supplement?
The unique mechanism is the QH-2™ complex, an optimal standardized combination of natural bioactive polyphenols of Mediterranean Olea Europea olive fruit, olive oil, and olive leaves, that exploit synergistic action. It contains a high concentration of hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, oleuropein, verbascosides, and others in an adequate ratio to obtain a higher activity and efficacy. The product is standardized in hydroxytyrosol and guarantees a high antioxidant activity during DPPH radical scavenging activity tests. Due to this it also has an anti-inflammatory effect. It is obtained through environmentally friendly extraction processes and is 100% natural.
What are the Main Benefits?
- Product is manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) process and meets EFSA regulatory criteria
- Absolutely safe to consume with safety ring on lid & safety seal, providing a guaranteed daily dose of polyphenols with same health benefits as two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil of high concentration in polyphenols
- Formula developed in partnership with Greek pharmaceutical company & research laboratory
- Produced at specialized & certified Italian factory
- Authentic Mediterranean herbal food supplement with raw materials sourced from Italy - developed by Gourmante, the authentic Mediterranean brand with deep knowledge & expertise in olive & olive oil products
- The daily dosage is only 1 capsule and each bottle has a month’s supply
- Small, easy to swallow capsules, taken with or without food with just a glass of water
- No animal products, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, no artificial colors or flavors & non-GMO
- No calories
- All above at a daily cost of just a cup of coffee!